Questions about content
We accept commercial quality photographs, illustrations and vectors.
We accept commercial quality HD and 4K footage, animations (including motion graphics, backgrounds, alpha channel effects, transitions, and lower thirds), and After Effects and Apple Motion templates.
Please see our submission requirements for detailed specs and guidelines.
You can upload your content using our web uploader (100 file limit) or an FTP server that we provide. To request FTP credentials, select the Upload Media button on your content page. On the pop-up, scroll down to "View FTP Settings."
To keep your account secure, we randomly assign temporary FTP login information that is different than your normal login. These FTP credentials will be permanently retired 48 hours after they are last used. This allows uploads to process quickly and more securely. You can request new FTP credentials through the same popup to upload additional content later. Please note that releases must be uploaded directly to the portal. They cannot be uploaded with content to FTP.
Each file submitted to our Marketplace is reviewed to maintain quality and value for customers. To ensure the best chance of your content being accepted, please read our submission requirements.
All submitted content, including the files themselves, metadata, and release forms, are reviewed. If any component of a submission does not meet our standards, the file will not be accepted.
We have a full time team dedicated to reviewing content. We do our best to make sure that content is reviewed fairly, accurately, and in a timely manner. Please note that actual review time may vary based on factors such as the volume of submissions.
Metadata (an all-encompassing term for titles, keywords, and other data stored with a file) can be applied to files in three ways:
- You can edit metadata using our online platform (the Content tab).
- You can upload a CSV file to apply metadata. A CSV (Comma-Separated Values) is a common spreadsheet format (Click here to download a CSV template). We also accept CSVs formatted for Shutterstock or Pond5 - no editing needed!
- We can read metadata stored in your file's IPTC Core. We read the following fields: Headline (populates our Title field), Description, Title and Keywords. In order to populate the Title field which appears on the website, our system will read Headline first, followed by Description, and then Title in order to add the metadata.
Yes. Any clip or image with a recognizable face(s) or location should have an appropriate release form. Content without releases may not be accepted. Below are several industry standard release forms you can download:
We do accept content as editorial so long as the action or event depicted is a newsworthy item or provides commentary on subjects of human interest. For more information about release forms and why they're important, see our submission requirements.
You may read the current Contributor License Agreement here. By using our platform, you are agreeing to the terms of the current agreement.
The highlights are:
- You maintain the copyright to your content. You are giving Storyblocks and Videoblocks licensing rights.
- All content licensed through Storyblocks and Videoblocks is non-exclusive, so you can keep your relationships with other agencies.
- You can upload or remove content at any time, no strings attached.